Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012



Hey!


One reason I like The Voice is that I don't have to give it my full attention, so I can do things like blog while I'm watching it. Like right now. I'm listening to Ashley de la Rosa tear up Jewel's "Foolish Games," which I think my sister must have listened to 5,000 times when she was younger. Go listen to Ashley's rendition right now. It was fabulous.


Coming up soon, I think I'll have some big news to share, but until then, I'm just going to share a few things I'm loving these days (besides The Voice).


HERE
I'm sort of obsessed with this trailer for a movie called HERE. I think that possibly it's because the Peter Coyote narration reminds me of his days narrating on Lost. Don't you think that Peter Coyote should be hired by the government to read bedtime stories over loudspeakers every night?









There
That picture at the beginning of the post? And this one here? I took those at Girl Scout camp this past weekend. I think camp is basically the best place in the universe.


I've written more about it, and you can read it here.


Over There
I don't really watch Law and Order any more, but I do like a well-done procedural from time to time. So on Wednesday nights I've been tuning into the BBCA show Whitechapel. It's made me like Rupert Penry-Jones, who I'd never forgiven for taking over for Matthew MacFadyen on MI-5. He plays an obsessive-compulsive detective inspector, and Phil Davis (you'll recognize him from a million British dramas) is his kind detective sergeant. These are two guys you really root for.


Scare
After camp ended, my friend Kelly and I put on our matching Scooby gang shirts and headed out to see Cabin in the Woods. (The Scooby gang is a reference to Joss Whedon's Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Joss co-wrote the movie.)  Another guy walked into the theater wearing the same Scooby gang shirt, but he didn't notice us.

The movie was great fun, very meta as all Whedon tales are. And gosh, Jesse Williams -- who played one of the college students spending the weekend at a spooky cabin -- sure is pretty.



What are you loving these days?

No comments: