Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

How Smart is Your Decor?

I was checking out my daily email from Fab.com and saw the words "eco-friendly furniture."

Great, I thought. Eco-friendly means mega-bucks.

But I've been thinking about getting a desk, and so I clicked anyway, even though I was pretty sure that anything eco-friendly would be out of my price range. I mean, even furniture at the thrift store seems expensive to me.

$36.

What?

I mean, I know Fab is a sale site, but that seems like some sale.

It turns out, though, that the desks (and dressers and night stands) were from a company called SmartDeco that makes furniture out of corrugated fiberboard. Yes. That's a kind of cardboard. But it's made from renewable resources and is recyclable -- just like a box. The desk is regularly priced around $60. It seems like a good option for first apartments or growing homes -- or for kids - because the SmartDeco furniture is "customizable". That means you can write on it!

I'm just imagining covering the top with my favorite quotes for inspiration. Hmm... not a bad idea.

No comments: