Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Automobile 2: Electric Boogaloo

I saw an adorable little car at the grocery store today, and when I looked closer, I saw that it was the electric Nissan Leaf.

It's pretty remarkable that I even noticed it, because I'm notorious for not noticing things like the aesthetics of cars. Or even knowing what different cars are. The guy who works at Express Lube is always shocked at how few miles I've driven (48,000 - and I've had my car for 6 years). Cars are not in my wheelhouse (crappy pun intended).

But this car is - seriously- frickin' cute. Yes, I realize that makes the car even less manly-seeming than "electric car" sounds. Who cares? I love it.

It's definitely out of my price range (and I don't need a car, given the afore-mentioned mileage on mine) but I'm psyched to see that at least a few actual human beings are driving electric cars in the oil-guzzlin' city of Houston.

(photo courtesy of CrunchGear)

No comments: