Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sweater Set

If I was dark green I would make my own clothes out of recycled paper bags and cotton that I harvested with my own two hands.

But I'm
light green, and so I work diligently to make the occasional apparel item and remind myself of the work that goes into a single garment.

Wow. I'm really happy about my new sweater.

I just finished a big knitting project, the "Wave and Dimple Kimono" from the Winter 2009 issue of Interweave Knits. I would love to say that I used organic yarn, or recycled yarn, or whatever, but honestly, those yarns are prohibitively expensive for big projects. I used Caron Country yarn, a merino blend.

Here it is, the Wave and Dimple Kimono. This was "deceptively hard" (as one of my yoga videos used to say) - i.e. people will think you're good at knitting if you do this pattern, but it's actually really easy.

Even thought it probably wasn't super-green, I loved this yarn. I'm wool-sensitive (that means I get the itchies if anyone says the word "sheep") but this yarn was soft, easy to knit up, and didn't require Zyrtec. That's all I could wish for.



The early stages of the project. Just to prove I actually made the damn sweater. That's my knee.

3 comments:

Darci said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in person...hopefully at the holidays!!!

KGH said...

That's a great color! You look fab! It looks fab! Fab!

Unknown said...

Wow--great job! I have "knit a sweater" on my life list. I did a felted clutch that I was pretty proud of, but I was knitting in the round. That seems to make it all easier. Can't wait to see what you make next!