Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Revenge of the Paper Towels


You may remember that in March, I reviewed Seventh Generation paper towels and toilet paper. And I was not a fan. But, because I have been using fewer paper towels, I didn't run out of them until this week! They have just been sitting there for almost 4 months, annoying me and waiting not to absorb things. I've cut down on paper towels a lot, but I find that for things like cat vomit, it's invaluable to have a few around.

That's why my annoyance has grown. Over the past week, I have attempted to buy paper towels several times, but have found no recycled options at any of the three grocery stores I normally frequent. Green products are all over the place these days. I even noticed organic cotton at Target, and clothes with recycled fiber content in Old Navy. Is a recycled paper towel too much to ask for?

If green products are too hard to find, then people's excuses grow: "Well, I was going to buy recycled, but they didn't have any, and I didn't have time to go to another store." Let's make it easy to be greener, grocery chains!

Luckily, the cat has not vomited this week.

No comments: