Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sprout Watches



When I was visiting my mom last week, she had the cutest little sport watch. It looked great with everything she wore and has the kind of simple design that doesn't go out of style.

It turns out, the watch is even better - it's a Sprout Watch! Sprout Watches are made out of eco-friendly materials. My mom's was made out of corn
resin. That means that it will compost if she puts it in the compost bin. Cool.

Sprout also uses organic cotton, mercury-free batteries (no neurotoxins!) and other earth-happy products. The fancier watches even have diamonds and mother-of-pearl - but all conflict-free and never from endangered species.

Another added bonus - they are incredibly reasonably-priced. Many are in the $20-30 range.

It's always fun to find a new product (and a good-looking one) from earth-conscious companies.





2 comments:

grammargeek said...

I noticed all my girls were wearing plastic watches at the end of the school year. I hope they were Sprout watches! How cool.

Catfish said...

They totally remind me of Swatches, @grammargeek - but much cooler Swatches.