Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Updates from the End of the Summer

It's been exactly one month since I posted last, which is the longest hiatus this blog has ever seen. I didn't really plan it. I just haven't found myself opening my computer much lately (you know, when I'm not at work.) 

So what have I been up to?

I used the summer to catch up on a lot of shows that I haven't watched before (The Walking Dead, The Killing) and read a few books (Gone Girl, The 5th Wave). I helped my mom move.  I worked a lot. Since I work in education, people always ask me if I have the summers off. Ha! That would be lovely. But no, summer is one of the busiest times of the year, since it's one of the times when teachers can go to professional development. So I usually take a vacation early in September. In fact, today is the last day of this year's vacation.

My friends and I usually go to the beach in Surfside, TX. For several years, we've been renting the same house. However, the owners decided that they aren't going to rent it anymore, so we tried a new house in Galveston. 

Not too shabby:
This was our house: Camelot Cottage. It was in a little
community called Pointe West.
We were walking distance from the beach. The waves were high most of
the time we were there, so we didn't do much swimming in the Gulf.
The community we were in had a "beach club" with
two pools, though. We'd never had access to a pool
at the beach before!
Galveston is famous for its houses on stilts to protect from storm surges during
hurricanes or other large storms.




I hope you had a wonderful summer too!

No comments: