Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Welcome, February!

In January, the "Year of Health and Wellness" got off to a good start. My goal was to get control of my time, so that I could be successful on other health goals. While I'm still working on it (I have a particularly busy week ahead), I feel as though I've made some crucial changes:

  • Working at the office past six only one night a week.
  • Planning target hours when I will be at the office each day.
  • Blocking off time every Monday morning to plan the week ahead, and what I must accomplish during the week.
My February tactic is to: take control of my eating and drinking.

To do this, I plan:
  • To use an online tool to track what I eat and drink
  • Drink only one caloric beverage a day (beverages are my weakness: I can guzzle a glass of lemonade - my favorite beverage - in 5 seconds flat. Add coffee, cocktails, fun juices .... grr)
  • Eat lunch out only on Fridays, and stick to salads and soups when I do so.
  • Plan my meals for the week each Sunday and shop accordingly.
The last one is something that I've done pretty consistently over time, but I think I can make it work even better by planning out snacks and beverages as well as the main meals.

I wanted to get control of my time before I tackled anything related to eating, because when I'm not using my time wisely, I do things like eating take-away while I drive between schools for work or forgetting to pack snacks in my lunch.

The meal plan this week? 

(I usually cook two main dishes per week, and divide them up between dinners and lunches).

Main dishes: Dak Bokkeum (Korean stewed chicken over rice), Senegalese Peanut and Sweet Potato Stew
Breakfasts: English muffin with egg and vegetarian sausage
Snacks: Greek yogurt, apples, bananas, trail mix (1/4 c. portions or smaller), baby carrots

What are you cooking this week?
 

No comments: