Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sodastream!

I have AMAZING friends.


The move to my new place came at one of my busiest times at work, which means that I've needed lots of support. My friends have been painters and decorators and furniture lifters.


My friend Katie is just as busy as I am (we work at the same place) but she brought me an amazing green housewarming gift that she knew I wanted -- a Sodastream! I've wanted one for a long time, but never really had room in my kitchen for another gadget. My new kitchen has plenty of room, however.


A Sodastream, if you're not familiar with it, is a simple device that carbonates water. That means no more buying bottles and bottles of Pellegrino. I'm not a big soda drinker, but I do love some sparkling water with lemon. It's probably my least green habit; the recycling bin is usually filled with several of those green Pellegrino bottles.


But now I can make my own "bubbly water" as we called it growing up, and use the two reusable bottles that came with the Sodastream. You can also buy a variety of flavors to make your own sodas - colas, lemonades, etc. I'm going to be on the lookout for recipes that I can make at home, however, to cut down my soda footprint even more.

No comments: