Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Would you like some prickly pear with that?

As you may know, I am a bit of a cocktail connoisseur. And because of that, I almost never use commercially-produced mixers. Most of them are full of high-fructose corn syrup and fake colors and flavors.


That's why I was excited to see these "Republic Spirit Blends" at Whole Foods. They are from an Austin-based company and are made with agave nectar and cane sugar instead of HFCS. And they have fun flavors like Jalapeno Lime and Pineapple Basil. 


I tried out the Prickly Pear.  It had a nice flavor -- if you've never tried a real prickly pear, it's delicious but hard to eat ... being, you know, prickly.


I'm excited to try these out in sparkling mineral water. Every morning I start the day with some Pellegrino with a little bit of lemonade or orange juice, and this will be a nice pink alternative.

No comments: