Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Recycling on the Edge

The other day I loaded up several months worth of glass bottles into the car (I've recently become obsessed with Pellegrino, so there were a lot of bottles). On the way to the recycling center, one of those Houston late-afternoon thunderstorms shook up the sky (the kinds we usually get when we're not in the middle of a drought, but really there's no climate change - Rick Perry said so). It wasn't really raining, so I continued on to the recycling center.

As I was throwing the bottles into the giant metal containers in the middle of an empty parking lot, and lightning started streaking through the air, I thought:



this isn't really a good idea.


Note: September Pop-Culture Round-Up and Learn-Go-Do Reflection will be coming next weekend.

No comments: